Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nail Fanatics ~ Barielle Wrap Me In Ribbon & OPI Silver Shatter

The theme this past week over in the Nail Fanatics forum was Silver Shatter. I haven't used mine since I first got it for an accent nail with Sparrow Me the Drama, so I was ready to pull it back out. I recently ordered a bunch of polishes from Barielle and I was excited to try one out. I took a leap of faith on this brand based on the words of some great nail friends over in the PAA facebook group and now have 12 Barielles. The first one I'll show you is Wrap Me In Ribbon. This shade is described on Barielle's site as a metallic raspberry with violet and copper pearl undertones. The description was pretty dead on for me. While it was more sheer than I thought, the polish applied very smoothly. This is 2 coats...
with flash

without flash
This is a really pretty shade, but I think it will be more suited for the cooler seasons (hence the name...lol). After a few minutes of drying time, I added Silver Shatter. Man on man...this combo would be great for a Christmas party. This is with one thin coat of the shatter.


I added a coat of SV for quick drying and extra shine. I really like the silver shatter. It makes everything so sparkly and blinged out! I'll be trying different techniques with the shatter to see how it works best. Excuse no outdoor pics...we're finally getting some rain in the Sunshine State...maybe it wont be over 100+ degrees tomorrow...doubt it.
What has been your favorite combo with Silver Shatter so far?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

*Please wait for the Disqus comment box to load.* I love to hear your feedback! Please leave your comments below. They are greatly appreciated!