Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness ~ Pretty & Polished You Are Beautiful + BCA

Pink & Khaki

Hey dolls! I hope you all have had a great week so far. Tonight I have another extremely special breast cancer awareness combo for you all. Pretty & Polished has created a BCA duo where 100% (yes, 100%) of the proceeds will benefit a local organization called Little Red Door of Delaware County Cancer Agency, which offers a variety of support for those who have cancer. This includes cancer screenings and detection, as well as client education and support.

The first polish in this duo is You Are Beautiful, which is a light pink shimmer. The formula is somewhat thin, but not problematic at all. I would recommend applying You Are Beautiful with a careful hand to minimize brushstrokes. I used two coats for the photos below. 
The other half of the duo is BCA, a gorgeous glitter filled with pink hex glitter and tiny purple glitter. The formula on BCA was great; it was the perfect glitter to base ratio. I was pleased with the amount of glitter on the nail after just one coat, so I left it with that. To make this look even more special, I pulled out my new Bundle Monster stamping plates. Using Color Club Hot Like Lava, I stamped on pink ribbons from plate 321. 
I absolutely adore the way this turned out! I've always liked the way subtle stamping looks on others, so I decided to give it a go with this mani. Truthfully, I purchased the third set of BM plates specifically for this image. I barely use the second set, so I didn't think it made much sense to by the third. Luckily, I had a few Amazon gift cards from using Swagbucks, so I got the plates for a good price. The Pretty & Polished BCA duo will be available for the rest of this month so I hope you all will support her efforts.

7 comments:

Clorinda said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So pretty :-) I have this duo too but haven't used them yet because my nails have been peeling and spliting so I filed them all down. They are finally growing enough to be polished. .... As ac7 year BC survivor, I'm gonna wear this duo with pride this weekend :-)

KayJay at Refined & Polished said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm glad to hear your nails are doing better. You should definitely wear the duo with pride. Thank God for your healing!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

So gorgeous! What a great way to raise money for a brilliant cause. This is why I love the blogging world!

Jazz x

MariJo Nails said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so beautiful on you!! I love the accent nail.
I was wearing this just the other day. I really like it.

Lizzy O. The DIY Lady said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

WOW. Just WOW. Amazing! So beautiful.. and totally.. WOW

KayJay at Refined & Polished said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks love! The glitter is so delicate and pretty!

KayJay at Refined & Polished said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks doll! Means a lot coming from someone who always stamps with perfection!

Post a Comment

*Please wait for the Disqus comment box to load.* I love to hear your feedback! Please leave your comments below. They are greatly appreciated!