Saturday, June 18, 2011

Finally...Semi-Successful Stamping!!!

Hey dolls...
Just wanted to write a quick post to say that I finally had a semi-successful experience with stamping. I've had the new BM plates for almost 2 months now and they have not gotten much use. After some great tips from some ladies who are more experienced, I think I've finally got a hold of this. I was having issues with the polish adhering to the stamper and it was suggested that I buff it to roughen it up just a little. Buffing the stamper, along with applying more pressure on the plate, gave me this mani. I'm still wearing Barielle Do Unto Others...yup, I've had this on since Wednesday and I still love it!!! I stamped using Zoya Mira and BM plate 221. I topped it with Seche Vite top coat. Well here it is...


The pattern looks good on my index finger that I recently had to file down because of a side split. I really like it...of course it could be much neater and much more even. The color combo is cute though!  It doesn't help that my nails are sort of long right now so the full image plates aren't really big enough. I'm really only showing this as documentation for my growth in stamping. Hopefully the semi-success will keep me motivated to make more attempts. You can purchase your own set of BM plates on Amazon or any of the other nail art products below to jazz up your nails. 



Any constructive criticism or tips for stamping are greatly appreciated dolls!

2 comments:

Stephanie Merlin said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This looks good to me! I love the colors. I've never tried stamping, partially because I know I'd stink at it, and partially because I don't want to get hooked on something else that will cost me more $$$. :P

Refined and Polished said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks Steph! I'm gonna keep trying. The plates were around $17 on amazon...I doubt I'll purchase any more of them though.

Post a Comment

*Please wait for the Disqus comment box to load.* I love to hear your feedback! Please leave your comments below. They are greatly appreciated!