Friday, June 10, 2011

Polish Trends ~ Top Coat Effects

Top Coat Effects
Fossil, French Sole, Elie Tahari, Aryn K

ShopStyle
Top coat effects continue to be a huge trend as every brand plus their uncle has decided to come out with them. The thesaurus has been used quite often to come up with terms for "break apart". We have your shatters, crackles and fractures. Then there are your textured looks, mattes and holographics to change the finish of your polish. I actually like the shatters...its my easy way of achieving nail art without stamping. Here's just a couple of top coat effects that are on the scene right now.
Source - Jason Wu's Anna top coat
Source - OPI's line of Shatters
Source - China Glaze's latest Crackles
Source - I really like the effect on these from KleanColor

Essie Matte About You, 0.5-Ounce
Source - Essie's Matte About You
Barielle Matte-inee Nail Protection For Men & Women .50 fl oz
Source - Barielle's Matte-inee 
Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat
Source - Northern Lights' Holographic Top Coat
Source - Princess Nails' Hologram Top Coat
Since the trend is top "coats", I decided to make the inspiration full of jackets. I adore the trench with the ruffles...I really wanted one earlier this year. Back to the polish...of all of these trends, I'm into the shatter/crackles and the matte top coats. I'm not really a fan of the Jason Wu textured/tweed look. It just reminds of when I polish late at night without using my Seche Vite and end up with those dreaded sheet marks. I've seen the Northern Lights Hologram Top Coat in Sally Beauty Supply, but I haven't tried it. This is the end of the spring trend series found in this article, but I've already come across an article for summer trends. 
Have you tried any of those mentioned above??? What are your favorite top coat effects??? Would you like to see the trend features continued???

2 comments:

Barbie said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I finally got the OPI Black Shatter.

I'd love to get that Kleancolor one! Looks like giraffe print!

Refined and Polished said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Barbie, you're so right about the giraffe print!!! That's why I want it so bad too! Enjoy the black shatter...that's the only color I don't have.

Post a Comment

*Please wait for the Disqus comment box to load.* I love to hear your feedback! Please leave your comments below. They are greatly appreciated!