Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fail ~ V-Gap Nails

Hey dolls! I told you all in my geometric stamping post that I failed at several other nail art attempts. Below you will see the only fail that I took pictures of. I started with two coats of Barielle Blossom. The formula was somewhat thick and didn't self-level well at all. I used three coats of Essie Turquoise and Caicos. I can't believe I've had this polish for over a year without wearing it! The formula on Turquoise and Caicos was sheerer than I thought it would be, but it wasn't problematic at all.
Using Nailside's tutorial, I wanted to do a V-gap/chevron look. This is what would be described as a Monet;  looks good from far away, but it's a total mess up close (two points for all my Clueless fans)!
Total fail. The lines were not clean at all. My gap also appears to be too small. I think my long nail beds made the space between the tape look deceptive. I even went to the store specifically to buy stationery tape because I tried cutting different designs with my craft scissors. I added Barielle Stardust to try and make the look cohesive, but overall, I'm just not a fan of this one. The only good thing about this look is that the colors are fab together. Oh well, we can't win them all, nor do I try to.

4 comments:

beachgal said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

You are too critical of your job here I think. It's not a total fail - we all need to learn and even when skilled at something...all have times where lines are not crisp - I do like the colors used here - and find they are more forgiving for the less crisp lines - also adding the Stardust helps soften the edges. If anything I am not a fan of these shades for now less I were going to maybe a Baby Shower and wants to carry on the baby theme - something I am typically never going to do.

ABOP . said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

This is so much of a win for me - the color combo, the sparkle, and especially the size of the Vs (I like them smaller) are perfect!

imperfectpaint said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I'm not seeing the fail here at all. I really love these nails!

KayJay at Refined & Polished said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thanks ladies! All of you helped to make me feel better about this look. You know we are most critical of ourselves. :)

Post a Comment

*Please wait for the Disqus comment box to load.* I love to hear your feedback! Please leave your comments below. They are greatly appreciated!