Monday, May 16, 2011

Swatch Alert...Zoya Dove & China Glaze Fault Line

Nine West, White House, Sorrelli, Boutique 9
ShopStyle

I am so in love with Zoya Dove from the Intimate collection!!! This gray cream polish is so subtle that its crazy! It grabs your attention, without being in your face at all. The polish was opaque in 2 coats and the formula applied pretty easily. Zoya has yet to disappoint me. On to a few pics...



Unfortunately, I applied Dove without a base coat. My Sally Hansen Double Duty got misplaced at some point over the wedding weekend...so I thought, "I'll just apply the polish and see how it goes." Bad idea...Dove started to chip the very next day. I finally got my hands on some of the China Glaze Crackle polishes, so I figured this would be a great time to hide a messy manicure. I applied Fault Line over Dove and I really like the way that it turned out. The subtle gray looks pretty awesome to me under the purple.

Ignore my jacked up cuticles...still trying to recover from the nail technician who cut them 2 weeks ago. I cant wait to play around more with different techniques for using the crackle to get other effects. I picked up Broken Hearted, Crushed Candy, Lightening Bolt, and Crackled Concrete as well. I also used this mani as an opportunity to try out Seche Vite top coat for the first time. I've had it for over a month, but I'm really not a top coat kinda girl. I really like the shine it gives...but the smell...ugh...just like sitting in the salon. Guess all can't be perfect with SV. Happy polishing dolls!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

*Please wait for the Disqus comment box to load.* I love to hear your feedback! Please leave your comments below. They are greatly appreciated!