Friday, April 15, 2011

Review...Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-up Pen

If you're like me, you're always looking for a way to keep your manicure looking as neat as possible after polishing. While perusing the aisles of Target a few weeks ago, I found this Sally Hansen No More Mistakes Manicure Clean-up Pen for around $5.
Source
The package says:
  • You have: Nail color smudges, smears, and overflow around nails.
  • You want: To erase manicure mistakes fast - without damaging the rest of your manicure.
  • How it works: Precision tapered felt-tip pen instantly erases nail color mistakes with just one stroke. It's as easy to use as writing with a pen!
  • You'll get: A salon-perfect manicure at home.
My thoughts: This pen did not live up to the hype for me. The first time I used it, I waited until I finished both hands to attempt the clean up...big mistake! After the polished dried, it was very difficult for it to be removed. On my second use, I used the pen after each nail. This worked a lot better because the polish was still wet, but as you can imagine, it was very time consuming. You have to be sure to wipe the excess polish off of the tip after each and every use with a paper towel or removal becomes more difficult. The pros for this pen are the shape of the tip and that two additional tips are included. This is good because the tip seems to wear relatively easily. I've used it maybe 6 or 7 times and its starting to look like an old highlighter...not cool at all.

Closing Argument: This will not be a re-purchase. If you're good with dipping q-tips or an orange stick into nail polish remover, there's really not much of a need for these pens in my opinion.

What do you use to clean up your manicures? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

*Please wait for the Disqus comment box to load.* I love to hear your feedback! Please leave your comments below. They are greatly appreciated!